The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Monday, October 17, 2005

Things I can't stand . . .

  • Emotional manipulation. Don't try to get me involved in your drama. If you need my help, tell me so truthfully and I will try my best to help you in any way I can. If what you're trying to do is suck me into the chaos that is your life, stop it. Your problems are not mine.
  • People who read out loud. Oh my GOD. Please tell me in the twenty-odd years of your life, someone, somewhere, taught you to read silently.
  • People who make cube-to-cube phone calls. You're in the same office. Please get off your ass and walk the twenty steps to the other cube. There is no reason why I should be able to hear both sides of your conversation because I'm sitting in between the both of you. If you continue to do this and persist in reading out loud in your cube, sounding like some kind of terminally ill snake, I will be forced to pick up my three-hole punch, walk to your cube, and beat you in your freakin' head with it!

2 Comments:

At October 17, 2005 10:58 AM, Anonymous Mel said...

In my office, we just yell over the cube walls! I mean, why leave your warm, cushy seat when sound carries?!?!?! Of course, this can be even more annoying to those doing actual work, but it makes it easier for your cube neighbors to join in on your conversations. :-)

 
At October 17, 2005 12:22 PM, Anonymous koz said...

LMAO. My HR dept made little videos about "Cube Etiquette." They're quite funny and really drive the point home. Although, we still aren't allowed to say CUBE or CUBICLE. It's a "Work Station." Euphemisms are irritating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home