The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Pot-bellied Pig

I just came up from buying my lunch in the cafeteria. As I was talking to the cashier, she looked over at me and said, "Oh! Are you having another baby?" After I stared at her in shock for a second, I said, "No . . . I just have a big stomach. Thanks." Of course, she was mortified. I can't even be angry at her. I just laughed and shook my head as I walked away. It's just one more thing . . . I'm already sporting the worst headache ever, now I've been told by (an overweight) cafeteria worker that I look pregnant, even though I've been exercising and eating better. Whatever. Even when I lose weight, my stomach never flattens. I have that classic "apple" body shape - I'll always be a little flabby around the middle. Thankfully, my self-esteem didn't take too much of a hit. But it didn't do much for my mood. The funny thing is - my stomach isn't even that big. I clearly don't look pregnant. No, it's not flat and yes, I could stand to lose weight and tone up (which I'm working on, by the way), but I don't look pregnant! LORD! You know, I realize . . . I can't let somebody else's stupidity change my mood. I choose to turn it into a positive - I have more motivation to step up my workouts and my eating regimen. When I'm able to sashay around here looking like an even hotter mama than I already do, she'll eat her words!

5 Comments:

At October 06, 2005 2:24 PM, Anonymous Meloni said...

Dude, you are too funny! Your quick wit never ceases to amaze me. I don't even think you mean for it to be funny half of the time, which makes it that much better. That poor lady!

What was supposed to be the name of your talk show with the "Don't Hate Me" theme song? In order to improve your mood, maybe you should sing or hum the theme to yourself as you strut up and down the hallways! Pot-bellied or not, you will always and forever be FABULOUS!!!

 
At October 06, 2005 2:28 PM, Blogger Toya said...

I don't even remember what the name of the show was supposed to be, but I do remember that theme song! Thanks! Now I'll have it in my head when I strut down the halls.

And I hardly ever mean to be funny - things just come out that way. I'm usually being serious when I say stuff, which is why it's funny, I guess.

Thanks, Melly! I think I'm fabulous, too! BTW - You're pretty fab yourself!

 
At October 06, 2005 2:42 PM, Anonymous Meloni said...

Well, thank you very much! You should have seen me in that shirt you made me buy. I think that was probably the height of my fabulousnessocity. They couldn't tell me nothing!!! :-)

 
At October 06, 2005 4:48 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

Toya, you DON'T even have a big stomach!! Sheesh! And I agree, you are infinitely fabulous!

 
At October 06, 2005 10:24 PM, Anonymous Ericka said...

I think I'm pregnant sometimes! Talk about stomachs! Hmmph. You still have your sexy bee card, right? Then whatever with the lunchlady! That was harsh. I'm sorry lunchlady. :) But Toya, I love you more than I love her. If you so desire, keep up with your healthy eating and exercise regimen (is that spelled right). You are hot as fire, no matter what. Even the gay guy said it (at Walgreen's). You know you need a lil' bit of Coke to get rid of that headache.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home