The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Living My Life Like It's Golden a.k.a. Personal theme songs

It is my belief that everyone should have a personal theme song. Mine is "Golden" by Jill Scott. I actually hear it in my head when I walk (which probably has a lot to do with why I walk like I'm in a fashion show - that, and the fact that I inherited the Brenda Gayle Hip Sway Strut). I suggest that you all get one, too. There's nothing like it - you feel fabulous when you hear music in your head all the time. I have started handing out theme songs to my family and friends because none of them seems to understand the importance. Aunt Cheryl's is "She's a Bad Mamma Jamma" because . . . she is. "She's thick, she's tight, got all the curves a man like . . . woo hoo!" Daddy's is the theme from Shaft . . . because he once came to church wearing an ankle length black leather coat and I will never let him live that down. Vic's is "Sunny (Girlfriend)" by Musiq because that's the first song he ever sang to me. Get one! And let me know what it is!

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2005 1:09 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

I actually have more of a "soundtrack to my life" But I'll name two songs off of it. Both by the QUEEN (Ms. Jilly from Philly, of course) One of them, actually, is "Golden". It's even a ringer on my phone and I change the ringer to than whenever I feel the need! The other is "The Fact is" "I Need you".(That's my love theme song. I try to give off that "I don't NEED a man but I sure do WANT one" vibe that the song has going on!)

 
At October 30, 2005 12:40 AM, Blogger Ericka said...

I heard my theme song today. It's "I Believe in Love" by Syleena Johnson. I've heard it a million times before, but today when I sang along, as I always do, I realized that I believed every word I was singing. I've believed it before, but today was my theme song epiphany. My other song might be "What's It Like" by Jagged Edge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home