The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ladies . . . if you see us in the club . . . fuh-reeek-in' . . .

. . . run. I know I'm a week late, but I have to blog about this. What the hell was that??? First of all, it is pitifully sad that Wyclef Jean has been reduced to a guest spot on The Apprentice as that week's reward. Poor man . . . he is actually a talented musician and he has sunken to the point that he has to wrangle a bunch of tragically unmusically inclined men into some semblance of a hip-hop song. Please GOD, let the rumors of a Fugees reunion be true, if only because 'Clef won't have to stoop to these levels in order to pay his bills. That "song" (and I use the term loosely) was so utterly painful to watch and to hear. I cringed for them all, particularly Adam (I think he's the one) whose rendition of the chorus was (and please forgive me to my White friends who are about to read this, as I am sure most of you aren't nearly as pathetic as Adam) the Whitest thing I have ever heard in my life! Oh my GOD!!!! However, I do have to say that hearing Markus' "YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS!" makes me think that he'd be a reasonable stand-in as a hype man. LORD, that thing sucked. It is stuck in my head, though, so maybe they accomplished something. I have to go change my quote now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home