The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, October 20, 2005

I totally stole this from Rhinestone Cowgirl!

Please don't hate me, Lucy! But I thought yours was so fun, that I want to do it, too! Plus, we've done this on an MSN board I belong to. 20 Things About Me 1. I shed like a dog. I swear, every time I detangle my hair after washing it, half of the hairs on my head come out. It's obscene. 2. I am a dental mutant. On the left side of my mouth, towards the back, I'm missing a tooth - because there was a baby tooth there that didn't fall out until I was 26 years old . . . and there was no adult tooth behind it to replace it. My dentist says that only happens to like 1 out of a million people and that it officially makes me a mutant. I am excited by that . . . it's very X-Men. What should my superhero name be? All I can think of is "The Toothless Terror", but that makes me sound like an 80-year-old woman. 3. I always say that my favorite color is purple, but I don't own one piece of purple clothing, nor do I use purple to decorate my house. I own tons of pink and coral-y colored clothes and the most predominant colors in my house are mint green (in the living/dining areas) and red and gold (in the bedroom and bathroom). Why do I say that purple is my favorite color? Is it because I think that's the "right" answer? 4. I am unreasonably attached to my high school. When we went there for the meeting last night, my eyes instantly watered when I walked into the cafeteria. Why? I didn't even particularly like high school all that much. 5. I have always harbored a bit of envy toward my friend, Kim. (And this is how I'm telling her . . . LORD.) She is pretty and sweet and nice and patient . . . and basically, everything that I have always wished that I was. Yes, I think I'm pretty, but Kim has a sweet prettiness about her that I will never have because . . . I'm not sweet. That's just a fact. I am kind, but I am not nice (there's a difference, you know . . . kind means thoughtful and compassionate and whatnot, nice means pleasant and tactful and I'm . . . not). And I have never in life been accused of patience. 6. People look at me like I'm a bad Christian when I tell them I have no intention of seeing that movie The Gospel. I'm sorry, fellow Christians, but it looks like a bad BET Special to me. Enjoy it if you want, but anything that claims Boris Kodjoe as its biggest star actor has got to suck a big one. 7. I am not bothered by admitting that I have prejudices. I think more people should admit it. If we all stopped pussyfooting around and started admitting that which makes us uncomfortable, the floor would be open to dialogue and people would be better able to learn from one another. 8. Oprah irritates the heck out of me sometimes, but I have her show on TiVo Season Pass. She fascinates me. The sheer phoniness . . . yet accessibility. 9. The next person who says the phrase "bling bling" to me is gonna get a backhand slap in the mouth. Today, Meloni reminded me of how a bunch of celebrities got together and gave a "funeral" to the word "def." Can we please do that for "bling bling"? Okay, it was cute like 5 years ago. But now it has been beaten to death. Do not say it to me. I mean it. While you're at, please feel free to strangle "You go girl!" to death, as well. 10. Last night, I rewound Coryn calling Lisa (on America's Next Top Model) an "alcoholic bitch" over and over again. Can we please discuss how awesome that was? I would love to just call someone an "alcoholic bitch" right to her face. 11. Sometimes I want to get a breast reduction. Can you imagine how hard it is to find a gorgeous bellydance dress to wear when one's bra size is 38 DD? When I mentioned the desire for a breast reduction to Vic last night, he looked depressed. 12. I miss Meloni. I miss you, Smel!!! Hurricanes suck - move to Maryland! 13. I am addicted to Coca-Cola Classic. And I fear that I'm the one who got Ericka hooked on it. I'm sorry, Poopie! 14. I have never had a flat stomach in my life, even when I was skinny. When my grandmother first found out that I was serious about bellydance, she asked me how I could be a bellydancer with a poochy stomach. It hurt my feelings when she said that . . . until I realized that bellydance makes me feel joyful and alive and it would be idiotic to deprive myself of that, simply because I don't fit somebody else's mold of what a bellydancer should look like. So, though I love my grandma dearly, I told her (in my mind, of course - I don't want to die!) to shove it. 15. It scares me that Sarai is so much like me, personality-wise. I know myself . . . and I'm not sure I want to be my mother. 16. In order to feel that my life has been complete, I must one day own a pair of Manolo Blahniks. They are the height of shoe-dom. I believe that I will totally have an orgasm the first time I am able to put my foot inside a pair that I can call my own. 17. Every time I hold Kim's daughter, I want another baby. Then, I realize that would necessitate being pregnant again, and I rethink it. 18. Today, for the first time, I was happy for Beyoncé. I read an article about her in Vanity Fair and, for the first time, I thought she came across as nice and un-divaish. And she sounds really happy to be with Jay-Z and I love love. So, I'm happy for her. And I'm jealous that I don't have her legs. 19. My family drives me crazy. But I love them to pieces. It's just . . . we cannot make a simple decision without going back and forth for over an hour and it makes me want to pull my hair out. 20. Never once in my life have I ever thought that anyone else is smarter than me. Vic says that means I'm arrogant. I think it means I'm confident. I think there are plenty of people better educated, but nobody smarter. I truly think that, if I apply myself to something passionately and really want to learn it . . . I can.

3 Comments:

At October 22, 2005 10:03 PM, Blogger Ericka said...

Toya, you are not totally responsible for my Coke addiction. Remember I gave Pepsi products up because they mistreated Ludacris. I swore to never drink another Pepsi again. At that point, I was addicted to Vanilla Coke. The Coca-Cola Classic is all you. I'm glad it's not a real drug. You'd be my pusher. LOL!!! I love this list, by the way.

 
At October 22, 2005 10:09 PM, Blogger Ericka said...

and by the way...love beyonce or not, she's still 35!!!

 
At October 26, 2005 10:16 PM, Anonymous kim said...

Well, we just have a mutual admiration society because I've always wished I could speak my mind like you and that I could be as personable as you. You collect friends everywhere you go! Being the shy person I am, I wouldn't know half the people I do without you. And you may think I'm pretty but I always wanted to be sexy and confident like you. So, I envy you right back. Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home