The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, October 13, 2005

And a little child shall lead them

On Monday, Sarai and I were home together all day since I was off from work. We were sitting downstairs on the floor - she was playing and I was watching TV. After a while, I noticed that I could hear her singing softly to herself. That's nothing new - she sings all the time, mostly stuff she's heard over and over again, like "Twinkle, twinkle Little Star" or "Happy Birthday." I couldn't make out the words to her song, but I like to listen to her sing, so I turned the TV down and listened. I could finally understand what she was singing. Over and over, in a little tune she had made up, she was singing, "Praise the LORD today. Praise the LORD today. Praise the LORD, praise the LORD, praise the LORD today." I didn't want to disturb her, so I didn't make a big deal about it. She sang for several minutes as she played. Then she came over to me and said, "Mom, I sing a praise the LORD song." So naturally, so nonchalantly, as if that wasn't a big deal. I learned a very valuable lesson from her. Sarai's song was one she'd made up on her own. She wasn't asking for anything or expecting anything from GOD. She was just singing just because. Because she wanted to sing a praise the LORD song. How many of us can say that we've expressed genuine praise in the same way - not from any desire for things, not because we want GOD to get us out of trouble, just because we want to sing to Him? This is why He tells us to be like little children. Praise should come naturally from the heart.

5 Comments:

At October 13, 2005 1:44 PM, Anonymous Mel said...

Wow! How hard did you cry? Just reading that almost brough tears to my eyes!!!

 
At October 13, 2005 2:16 PM, Blogger Toya said...

You know I cried. But I couldn't let Sarai know that. It would have upset her.

 
At October 13, 2005 3:08 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

Oh my goodness THIS is why the Word says to be like little children. Their hearts are just SO pure! Mel, I'm like you, near tears!

 
At October 13, 2005 8:52 PM, Blogger Ericka said...

...reasons why Cud'n Poopie loves Sarai. Love her!!!

 
At October 14, 2005 7:49 AM, Anonymous rachel said...

so sweet. thanks for sharing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home