The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, September 29, 2005

You decide!

Yesterday, as I came out of Walgreen's, this dude in a truck leaned out his window and said, "Excuse me!" and waved me over. I noticed he was on his cell phone. He says, "I'm on the phone with my brother and I had to tell him to hold on so I could tell you that I love your hairdo! It is workin' for you, sis!" I say the appropriate thank you, all the while thinking, "This man is clearly gay. What straight man says 'your hair is workin' for you'?" But then he continues, "Oh my GOD! You are hot! Look at your outfit! (Turning back to the phone) Man, she is hooked up from head to foot! Ladybug tattoo on the arm, with matching ladybug earrings and . . . yes! Oh my GOD! A ladybug pin right in the middle of her cleavage! Ahhh!!! She is the hotness! (Back to me) You know you look good, girl!" To which I reply, "I try my best", while smiling and scurrying to my car because he's now totally freaking me out. And he says, "Uhm, uhm, uhm, yes, you do." Okay, at this point, I don't know if I was being hit on or if that guy was totally gay. Part of me felt like he was being a perv or something - it was weird. I told Vic and he's convinced the dude was gay. I don't know. Discuss.

11 Comments:

At September 29, 2005 12:26 PM, Anonymous Mel said...

The way he expressed himself, he can't be straight.

With how much he had to say about you, he can't be gay.

You forgot the other category. My money is on bi!!!

 
At September 29, 2005 1:09 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

Yep, Mel, I was thinking along the same lines! No gay man would have appreciated it that you had it going ALL the way on. Yet, no straight man would have told you in that way! SO, yes, BI it is!

 
At September 29, 2005 1:14 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Never thought of that. Bi it is!

 
At September 30, 2005 9:01 AM, Blogger AtaiDanu said...

That is too funny!

 
At September 30, 2005 12:21 PM, Anonymous koz said...

I'm goin with gay.

 
At September 30, 2005 12:38 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Why so, Koz?

 
At October 01, 2005 8:41 AM, Anonymous Ericka said...

Just my two cents. Dude is gay...or extremely metrosexual. What did he look like? Was he "sharp," too?

 
At October 01, 2005 11:07 AM, Anonymous mashonah said...

I say gay. At least he sounds way too fem for he likes of you or me!!!!

 
At October 01, 2005 8:06 PM, Anonymous koz said...

Cuz I knew Ericka would say it and I luvvv her.

 
At October 02, 2005 9:35 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Okay, majority rules . . . dude was gay. Or at least bi. Which, in fact, makes me happy. Nothing like being complimented by a gay dude to make a girl's day!

 
At October 03, 2005 12:40 PM, Anonymous Rachel said...

I'm with the majority, gay all the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home