The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Toya Strut

Yesterday, a lady at work saw me walking down the hall and just said out (very) loud, "Oh my GOD! Look at her struttin'!" I stopped dead in my tracks because I had no idea what she was talking about. I must have had a quizzical look on my face because she then said, "I usually see you down in the fitness center, so I'm used to seeing you jumping up and down in class. I never saw you strutting down the hall before." So, I replied, "This is just how I walk - no strut intended" and walked on. Until I realized . . . oh my goodness, I'm strutting! My natural walk is a strut!!! Is that weird??? Also, I realized that I walk (or strut) like my mother - full movement of hips and butt from side to side, with much boob bouncin' in the bargain. LORD. It's not intentional (most of the time), but I always walk as if I'm ready to be taken in for public consumption. Sometimes, I even make my own eyes roll. (sigh)

5 Comments:

At September 29, 2005 3:15 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

You never noticed? I find that totally funny! Your natural walk is definitely a strut but I completely LOVE it! I've tried to CHANGE my walk to a strut (not to emulate you, but for some reason that makes me feel "womanly". It usually happens naturally with high heels on for me. But for you (and Ms. Brenda) even in tennis shoes, you strut! YES!

 
At September 30, 2005 8:30 AM, Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

Sweet! I think you should exult in your strut. :)

BTW, are you coming to Five Seasons on Sunday? I'll be there!

 
At September 30, 2005 8:43 AM, Blogger Toya said...

I'll be there - I'm dancing! Zahiya Tribal, Lisa's student troupe. See you there!

 
At September 30, 2005 12:20 PM, Anonymous koz said...

You can make those little legs work better than anyone I know! I have to admit, I always assumed it was intentional.

 
At September 30, 2005 12:38 PM, Blogger Toya said...

KOZBI! It is *so* not intentional! Gah! Knowing that I look like my mother in any capacity whatsoever has the potential to make me barf. Knowing that I *walk* like her is just completely vomit-worthy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home