The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Friday, September 23, 2005

A total Dooce moment!

Today, in Pilates class, we were doing the roll up (imagine being curled into a ball and rolling from your back up onto your butt), when the lady directly across from me let out a huge fart! I gasped in shock and looked over at her. She goes, "Whoops" and blushes beet red. The rest of the class and the instructor wisely ignored the poot and kept on with class. But me . . . being the lady of class and refinement that I am, simply could not continue on. I tried so hard, really I did. I held my breath, I rolled my eyes up into my head, I bit the inside of my cheeks and yet . . . I burst out laughing. Huge, gulping guffaws with tears streaming down my face. That poor woman. I am 12.

3 Comments:

At September 26, 2005 7:35 AM, Anonymous koz said...

OMG. That's just traumatic!! TOYA!

p.s. Mark will be so happy that he can now have proof someone else in the world (besides his mother) uses the word poot.

 
At September 27, 2005 6:56 AM, Blogger Toya said...

I didn't mean to do it! I didn't mean to embarrass that lady! But I couldn't help myself - I swear!

And yes, I call them "poots" a lot - as a kid, I wasn't allowed to say fart.

 
At September 27, 2005 8:24 AM, Anonymous Meloni said...

"Poot" was also a commonly used word in my house growing up. My mom told us we couldn't say "fart" until we were 42!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home