The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Friday, September 02, 2005

Gas crap

Less than an hour ago, I got news from my dad that gas tanks around here are going to be turned off at 4 PM. Now, I don't know if that's truth or just rumor, but I wasn't waiting around to find out, since my gas tank was not full. I went to the closest gas station and filled up . . . at $3.51 for regular! Good LORD!

4 Comments:

At September 02, 2005 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 02, 2005 11:15 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Please, people, do not leave scam comments. It's not cool and not appreciated.

 
At September 02, 2005 1:52 PM, Anonymous Meloni said...

While I did not hear about any specific time for a shut off around here, I did hear that government officials are considering closing all gas stations for the three day weekend to discourage wasting gas on travel! That sounds like an infringement on our right to the pursuit of happiness to me. I don't think a trip to Miami or the Keys would be wise at this point, but how awful is it for them to make it so that I can't go?!?!

 
At September 02, 2005 1:58 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Okay, it was confirmed by local TV stations that this is a rumor. Though I think it's better to be safe than sorry. Most rumors start out with a kernel of truth. I'm still glad I filled the tank. And I think all Americans have to decide that now is the time to change driving habits and attitudes toward gas prices. I don't think they're ever going to lower again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home