The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Bye, Lotus!

My Lebanese/Latin dance teacher, Lotus Niraja, will be leaving Baltimore. I am beyond sad. I had finally found a teacher whose style "spoke" to me, who encouraged me to find my own voice as a dancer and supported my growth. I really hate to see her go. I am grateful to have met her and to have learned under her and wish her blessings on her journey. I still have to say that I'm feeling a little sorry for myself right now, but the show must go on, right? I have fallen in love with bellydance and will be staying with it. Thankfully, Lisa is still here, so I can stay with my tribal bellydance class, which I love! But, I have to look for a new cabaret teacher. Lotus suggested Amina Salah and Samira Shuruk, so I'll be looking into both of them. I'm hearing marvelous things about Amina's classes, so I really hope to be able to study with her.

2 Comments:

At September 14, 2005 3:45 PM, Anonymous Mrs. Passover Hottie said...

Bummer! She is gorgeous. I hope you like your new teachers.

 
At September 16, 2005 10:14 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Yeah, she's beautiful, huh? I'd have to hate her if she wasn't so nice.

I'll be starting Amina Salah's classes in October, picking up a performance level class with Lisa in Oct. and taking private lessons with Na'lani Dahlal, starting next Tues. Busy, busy, busy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home