The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Yesterday's Classes

So, yesterday, I did two classes at El Mishaal. Of course, my usual Tuesday night Intermediate Bellydance class. Last night we worked on a drum solo. It was great fun. Lotus gave us tips on presentation - we were directed to "primp" for the beginning of the song, which allows us a chance to catch our breath after our opening piece and personalizes us for the audience. I thought that was a great tip. And "primping" in front of the full-length mirror did my diva heart good. After that, I attended the Latin Dance Nightclub Basics class. I'm going to add this to my schedule. It was unbelievably fun and I got to wear my new sexy girl silver open-toe Capezio ballroom dance shoes! Mrowr! Don't hate . . . appreciate! Last night, we did the salsa and the bachata. Both fun, though I have to say that I like salsa a tiny bit more because of all the hip-swiveling involved. I like this class because, not only does Lotus teach us the steps, but she also tells the students about the variations each Latin country/region (e.g. Puerto Rico, Mexico, Dominican Republic, etc.) put into the dance, noting that Puerto Ricans tend to be a little "nastier" when doing the bachata. Ha! I love this class - I feel equipped to go dancing at the Latin Palace now! I wonder if I could talk Vic into it? Something tells me . . . no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home