The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, July 21, 2005

What is the meaning of . . .

the word "twee?" I've seen it being used a lot lately, especially on various websites. I have no idea what it means! From context, I'm thinking it's something akin to "effeminate" or "sissy?" If any of you have any idea, please let me know! I'm feeling quite dense right now.

4 Comments:

At July 21, 2005 2:08 PM, Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

I always think of it as meaning cute or precious - maybe a little OVERLY precious. sort of baby-talkish.

 
At July 21, 2005 2:27 PM, Blogger Toya said...

OH! Well that makes sense! Thanks, Lucy. Now I don't feel like such a dummy.

 
At July 22, 2005 7:19 AM, Anonymous koz said...

It's in dictionary.com.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=twee

 
At July 22, 2005 8:06 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Thanks for that link, Kozbi Girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home