The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Lotus' class - 7/12/05

In last night's intermediate class, we focused on combinations - how to combine moves, how to make them flow smoothly, how to work them into your dance, etc. One of the combos included a full body undulation, followed by a reverse undulation. Now, up to that point, I thought that my undulations were pretty good. But it is amazing the difference between the undulations I was doing at the beginning of class and the way I did them by the end of class. Lotus allowed us to feel her abdomen while she did one and I was able to feel how the muscles should harden as you're pushing out in order to roll down into the undulation. That "clicked" for me. I really appreciate Lotus' style of teaching. It is warm, engaging and encouraging, yet I feel that my ass has been kicked after every class. That's important for me - I need to feel challenged, to feel that I'm truly learning something every time. I appreciate knowing that my dance is being "perfected" and I can truly see and feel the difference in the way I dance. What I love is that her students are encouraged to find their own dance . . . not to imitate her. I think that's key. Here's to "finding our own dance!"