The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I need more bellydancing friends!

I definitely need to network more in the Baltimore bellydance community. I often find out about great haflas/performances/workshops going on in the area and I never have anybody to go to them with me! Sometimes, I go by myself, but it's always more fun with a buddy, don't you think? My hubby isn't interested at all; Kim (who used to take BD classes) has a newborn, so she can't go; and none of my other friends dance. Thankfully, I've met quite a few girls through my tribal class, but as we're still developing as a troupe and getting to know each other, I'm not as comfortable inviting them to go places with me. I'm gonna try to get over that. And I'm gonna try to assert myself when I go to the local events - try to get to know other dancers, so I have a network of dance friends to draw from.

2 Comments:

At July 14, 2005 1:27 PM, Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

You're always welcome to come down to DC for events... we'd love to have ya! :)

 
At July 14, 2005 2:41 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Thanks, Lucy! I'll have to do that when I have a free night - it's hard making it to DC when I have to do Mommy duty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home