The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, July 21, 2005

December Hafla

Yesterday, in Lotus' choreography class, we worked on a cane piece. It was quite hard for me. I'm getting much better at twirling the cane, but something about the rhythms in the beginning wasn't connecting in my brain. We had to rap the cane on the doum and drop our hips on the tek. That doesn't sound hard, but it just wasn't computing for some reason. Anyway, we went over and over it and, after a while, it got better, but still wasn't fabulous. After class, Lotus talked about the December hafla (she has a summer and winter hafla every year). She told us that the cane piece will be one of the troupe numbers for the hafla and then asked for folks who planned to participate in the hafla to raise their hands. I didn't raise mine - after how much difficulty I'd had with that piece, I didn't feel qualified. But she reassured me and told me that I indeed am good enough to be in it. I was encouraged. So, I volunteered. I will be in Lotus' December hafla - at least in the troupe numbers. Now, will I be able to work up the balls to solo?

5 Comments:

At July 21, 2005 9:06 AM, Anonymous Londa said...

I'm sure you will. When you put your energy and focus into something, you always perform flawlessly. I shouldn't expect anything less for your next hafla!

 
At July 21, 2005 9:09 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Thank you so much, Londy! Smooches!

 
At July 21, 2005 1:30 PM, Anonymous Tonyette said...

Please be sure to let us know when in December it will be. Every time you performed in the past, I was either busy or out of town, but I'd love to see you and the troupe!

 
At July 21, 2005 2:28 PM, Blogger Toya said...

I sure will!

 
At July 22, 2005 7:20 AM, Anonymous koz said...

ditto tonyette!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home